Sunday, April 24, 2016

Day 15 Get Ready for the Rain

April 16 Grants NM to Albuquerque NM

Today we started our 79 mile ride in Grants, NM. I'm the acting navigator on this ride and I'm supposed to know where I'm going all the time. Well this morning I studied the maps looked at the google maps at breakfast and I was 98% sure I had it right. We made a left turn out of the parking lot took the ramps over the train tracks and over the freeway right into a dead end. Pulled out the maps and they made no sense to us. Our fall back is GPS to help navigate these situations and it was dead on. Found Route 66 east and off we went. We had cloud cover, tail winds, and brisk air this morning and it made our trip to Laguna, NM a breeze. After Terry was chased by dogs three times we were hungry. We met Carol in Laguna for lunch and as we were readying ourselves to launch back onto the roads the rain moved in big time and the temp dropped to 37 degrees. We suited up in our rain gear and off we went on our last 40 miles in the rain and cold to Albuquerque on highway 40.
Close into Albuquerque we switched to my Garmin GPS to find the hotel. We also found that Albuquerque has some great bike trails, and cycle tracks.




No comments:

Post a Comment