Friday, April 29, 2016

April 20 Las Vegas NM to Santa Rosa NM

Today's ride was great after I did some maintenance work on my bike. It was all downhill with a SW tailwind to keep us company, thus our average speed today was 15mph. We stopped at a truck stop in Romeroville, NM and ate at the Subway sandwich shop connected to the store. We met two men from Japan touring Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica in a car. They are travel writers and were quite interested in what we were doing on bicycles. They took our pictures and we said our goodbyes. Maybe we will be International stars!
Terry and I set off on a mostly downhill route to Santa Rosa, NM and saying goodbye to New Mexico mountains. I stopped several times along the way for pictures and to just gaze at the scenery that was changing rapidly. Once we road onto the highway 40 on ramp we had a full on tailwind propelling us up to 40mph. I'm comfortable at 30mph on my touring bike so I backed off just a bit.
We stopped in at the Santa Fe Grill for an early dinner then off to our lodging for the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment