Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Terry's Reason for Outriding Cancer






As I embark on this journey that will take me across the country and raise funds to help the fight against cancer, it has become very clear why I am doing it as a fundraiser to fight against cancer.

In 1999 my Father, Dennis (Denny) Cunningham died from lung cancer.  He was diagnosed in April and passed away in September.  He left a wife, 2 sons, a daughter and 3 grandchildren.  He was 79 and robbed of those special years to share with the family.  We were robbed of the guy who could fix anything and loved to help people with repairs or a difficult task in the home or to the car.  He loved sports, music and family celebrations.  He was the perfect Father and Grandfather.

He left us too soon asking the questions:

·      Why was there nothing that could have been done? 
·      Why wasn’t the cancer found earlier?
·      Why is it taking so long to cure a disease that continues to kill so many people?    

I am not the person to answer the questions.  But I can do something.  I can help raise that last dollar that finds the cure or a new prevention.  I can be a part of helping those who already have late stage cancer.  I know that my Father’s nature of always wanting to help people is pointing me to do what I can do. 

I can ride my bicycle across the country and ask friends, family and strangers to join me on this journey to OUTRIDE CANCER. 

When you read this please join me by supporting this ride with a donation through the Lazarex Cancer Foundation where 100% of your donations will go to cancer care and research.   Please go to the following link:



Please help me do this in memory of my Father and to help those who have been attacked by this disease or who will be attacked.  It has been too long. 


Thank you so very much for your help.

With love and gratitude

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment